Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back In The Saddle Again

Just a quick post tonight because I have paperwork to complete, lesson plans to write and music to practice. The first day back to work was a good one. Lots of meetings and greetings to people I haven't seen since May. Our students don't come back to school until Monday, August 21, but I did pick up my class rosters. I have 50 students in high school choir and 68 students in middle school choir ( yikes! ). Those two performing groups are my first two class periods of the day. After middle school choir, I drive across town to the upper elementary building where I remain for the rest of my day. I teach 5 classes of elementary music per day with an average of 20 students per class so I see many, many students every day. One wonderful thing about teaching music is that it is just so much fun!! And, I won a door prize at our faculty lunch today. I couldn't believe it! First, Pioneer Woman's photo caption contest and then a door prize. I take this as a good sign that I will have a "winner" of a school year....I know, I know.... I just couldn't help myself!

6 Comments:

Blogger willowtree said...

But wait, there's more! You won an award on Once Upon A Blog!!!

Granted it's not as spectacular as some, but that's only because you're careful with your wording. Must be the teacher.

8:26 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

I won another award?!! My students will all sound like angels singing in the heavens this year...I just know it!!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

You go Songbird! You are on a winning role! Lots of clapping and yelling for you going on here!

My boys start back to school tomorrow, the 17th and then we begin the running, running, running (like it every stopped - LOL). . .

I'll keep cheering you on!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Tiggerlane said...

Okay...Ms. Music Teacher, better rub some of that winning off on my KID!!

You know how panicked I am that she is auditioning for all-region! Can you pat her on the head for good luck?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Susan in va said...

I was going to say what willowtree said!! You're on a roll. Maybe you should go get a lottery ticket :)

8:53 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

WT-Thanks again! And you are correct. I can't call my irritating and maddening students that naughty word...

Shauna--Thanks for clapping and yelling. I adore cheering and praise!!

Tigger--You know I will do my absolute best with your little songbird.

Susan--Drat! Arkansas doesn't have a lottery. I'll have to make a quick trip to Texas for a ticket.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home