Monday, April 17, 2006


Those who are closest to me know that I am low maintenance when it comes to my appearance. I am clean, neat and I don't dress too frumpily. I don't spend a lot of time or money on hair style, nails, tanning, makeup or any of the other grooming concerns that seem to occupy the time of so many women that I know. Don't get me wrong....I have no problem with those who are more concerned with their appearance than I am with mine. And it is at this time of year, I begin to realize that maybe I should have paid a little more attention to my own appearance in the months preceding .....swimsuit season.

I love good food and that is evident when observing my figure. There is simply too much of it. I exercise and I do a lot of physical labor outside. But I also eat a lot so I have much extra padding.

The other day I pulled out my swimsuit and stuffed myself into it. Standing in front of my full-length mirror, I decided I needed to make a swimsuit season resolution......to become more high maintenance or at least a little more aware of my calorie intake.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the comic. That's a great one.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Tiggerlane said...

The ruffle DEFINITELY makes a difference!

I feel the same way --- but I can always blame mine on the fact that I've had a baby. I have a lovely tummy full of scars to prove it. We just don't have to mention that the baby is 12, do we?

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home