Saturday, December 16, 2006


Why I Like Matthew



He isn't necessarily my favorite actor and I definitely don't know the man beyond what I've read about him, but based on what I have read, seen and heard of Matthew McConaughey, I believe he would be a wonderful person to know. We have things in common, Matthew and I, and for that reason alone, I can identify with him. It makes him seem more real to me. And, no, I don't have some sort of mid-life crush on a celebrity. Although he is undeniably handsome, there seems to be a lot more to the man than just his rugged good looks. His favorite causes are anything that deals with kids. He did all the decorating and landscaping for his home in Los Angeles. He also owns a working ranch in Texas. By his own admission, he cries a lot. He loves music and animals. I could go on, but instead I will let Matthew speak for himself. "We make a choice every day; to live or not. I want to live life--to see it, smell it, touch it, breathe it, savor it, feel it, be it. I think of life as a river, hopefully a long river.....we are the navigator, we are the oar, we're steering....I'm thanking Him instead of asking Him for something. Look at my life: I've got a house and food. So many people out there don't have that. I'm grateful to God every day for my life. I'm blessed to have the ability to work, and I try to do the best that I can. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. I never want to be complacent or take it for granted. I want to just keep livin'!" (Cowboys and Indians, October 2006)




Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I watched him on a WWII submarine movie tonight on the history channel.
I'm so tired I can't remember the name of it...
he did alot of perspiring.

2:37 AM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Pamela..."U-571" is the submarine movie. A pretty good movie I thought. Matthew also perspires beautifully in "A Time To Kill" as does the rest of the cast. I guess when a story is set in Mississippi sweating is a given!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Grim Reality Girl said...

Awesome quote -- you make me like Matthew :-) I had not been a fan -- it was the whole "I'm all wrapped up in how awesome my body is" thing. You make him much more likable.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Tonya said...

I have been a fan of Matthew's since watching "A tim to Kill". His acting was stunning and of course he is very attractive as well.. I really liked him in "The Wedding Planner" and "How to lose a guy in 10 days".. okay I like him in alot of things..lol I am a fan and he does seem to have a great personality :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Well, you already know I like Matthew (and Clooney).

I now have another to add to my list - Hugh Jackman. (I had to replace Mel Gibson.)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Karmyn, you've only now added Hugh Jackman??? Honey, where have you been??? The man is freakin' gorgeous!!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Well, I like his philosophy. I share it.

Has someone suggested that you are having a mid-life celebrity crush? What does that mean for crying out loud? Can't one have a celebrity crush at any time in one's life? Anyway, all it means is that you admire the guy and think he's easy on the eyes.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I.Love.Matthew.

J.K.L.

Earlier on I just liked to look at him, but the more I hear his views on things I like him more and more. And he's got a great voice too. I saw him on Oprah not too long ago handing the keys to his corvette over to the highest bidder and that interview made me like him even more.

Sorry I haven't been around much. We are headed to church now and then on to more Christmas functions. Hopefully next week I will have time to just catch up.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home