Friday, October 13, 2006

Better Late Than Never

Finally, some time to fulfill my tagging by Marnie. It is very true that I am not as odd as my friend, Tiggerlane , but I have managed to come up with my Five Famous Oddities.

1. My first name and middle name are odd. I've lived in 5 different states, traveled extensively in the U.S. and vacationed twice in Canada and I've never met another woman with my first name. I've never met anyone, male or female, with my middle name.

2. My big toe nail on my left foot is odd. I injured my toe while in high school and when the nail grew back, it was quite funky. It is like five times thicker than my other toe nails and it is white. I keep polish on it when I wear sandals because it is so weird looking. Sort of like an albino toe nail!

3. I only have one tonsil thanks to an "accident" during throat surgery.

4. I was born with a blood vessel tumor on the right front side of my head just inside my hair line. It was removed when I was 11 months old. I have a scar and a dent in my head where the tumor used to be. It looks sort of like I was hit in the head with a hatchet.

5. I am severely allergic to grease in the air from frying foods and even from fat on a steak sizzling on a grill. If a food establishment doesn't have good venting, I can't stay in it. My face puffs up, I lose my sense of balance and then....well, let's just say it isn't pretty. I.get.sick.real.sick. When my family and I walk into a restaurant that smells the least bit greasy, they all look at me and ask "Can we eat here or do we need to leave?"

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Them's some odd oddities.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

wow....I would tell people that I was hit in the head with a hatchet...hehe...
But the last one..that is not...pleasant...poor thing.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is your first and middle name

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking you are lopsided
one tonsil

right side of head missing

oversized toenail on one foot

grease makes you top heavy
Yes...there is no one else who is a song bird........

c.o.o.l.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow. I think you need to give yourself more credit.. you are giving Ms Tiggerlane a run for her money with those oddities.

An *accident* during throat surgery!?! Why don't I like the sound of that?

Grease!? I've never heard of such a thing. Wow.

You are most certainly an odd bird. Welcome to the club!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Allergic to grease? Hmmm - part of me wishes I had that, then maybe I wouldn't eat too much. hee hee.....but I can forgo the swelling up part.

And lucky for you that you only lost a tonsil during throat surgery - I'd hate to hear that the songbird couldn't sing anymore!!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Wow! Some of your so-called oddities sound like stories in themselves.

Glad to hear I am not the only odd one out there. :)

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The grease thing is odd. . .That's a new one on me. . .
Glad nothing else went wrong on your throat surgery. . .that's scary!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Interesting oddities...so, are you going to tell us your first and middle names in a future post?

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home