Saturday, September 30, 2006

Friday's Feast

I know I just answered a very long list of questions about myself in my previous post, but I found Friday's Feast at Gawilli's site. I thought it was very clever and wanted to share it with you. After all, we seem to appreciate good food and we don't seem to mind answering questions about ourselves! So here goes.......

Appetizer

What is your favorite herb or spice?

This is a difficult question to answer for an avid herb gardener! I love the scent of lavender. I harvest and dry it every year to keep tucked in my dresser drawers. I also keep bunches of lavender hanging on herb racks throughout my house and I adore lavender soap. Rosemary and oregano are my favorite cooking herbs. Cinnamon and nutmeg are my favorite spices.

Soup

Name a song you like, but haven't heard in a long time.

I haven't heard Otis Redding singing "I've Got Dreams To Remember" in a long time. I love that song! Also haven't heard Etta James singing "At Last" in quite some time. Both of these songs are absolute classics!

Salad

If you were to take just one minute to write down as many things as you can think of that you need (not want) to do, approximately how many things would there be?

Okay, the "not want" to do stipulation narrows my list somewhat. I would say there would be three things on my list: 1. pay bills, 2. pay taxes, 3. count fund raiser money.

Main Course

Tell something interesting about one of your family members (nothing scandalous, please, just something unique).

Geez, the best things I can think of might be considered scandalous.....oh, well, I'll tell them anyway....In Mississippi in the 1800's one of my ancestors on my mother's side of the family was hung for poisoning his wife. That's pretty unique isn't it?!! And, in the not so distant past, my sister was a college cheer leader. Her uniform top was a one-shouldered affair. During a basket toss at a football game, one of the bases' hands caught in the off-shoulder side of her uniform and pulled that side of her top down. So she went sailing into the air, executed a perfect move and landed in the "basket" a la Janet Jackson EXCEPT my sister was wearing a strapless bra!

Dessert

What's the latest you've ever stayed awake?

I frequently pulled "all nighters" during college. And, during the summer months, I still routinely stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning.


7 Comments:

Blogger willowtree said...

I stumbled across that site yesterday myself. It's sort of intereseting.

You are to be congratulated for you perserverence, one set of questions was enough for me. But I'm glad you did it because I didn't bookmark it and now I have a way to find it again ;)

11:31 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hello, I am visiting from Gawilli. Ah lavendar, your home must smell wonderful.

Answering the questions help your readers get to know you.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Emmakirst said...

Great answers. I love reading the question/answer posts, it helps readers get to "know" more about you :)

5:26 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

"At Last" - I love Etta.

Wow - you do have some scandal in your family! Your sister was doing The Janet before it was considered "cool" hee hee

Great questions. I love lavendar - have 4 bushes in my garden. I didn't dry any this year - the bees were enjoying it too much.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

oh, Etta..she's just amazing. I bought the cd for that song!!

I can't pull all nighters or even stay up that late anymore...my body wakes itself up at 7/7:30 and if I stay up late, it takes me a few days to recover!! I'm getting old!!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I have some lavendar in my yard, too.
I crush it between my hands when I'm wandering through ...

I like to do that with marigolds, too.

1:16 AM  
Blogger M J said...

Cinnamon is so comforting and warm. One of my favorites too.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home