Monday, December 18, 2006



Songbird.......The Early Years

My cousin has been going through her mom's old pictures and she (my cousin) enclosed these family photos in the Christmas card she sent to me.


I was 11 days old when this picture was taken. My dad is holding me and you can see a picture of my mom in the background. Mom wrote this on the back of the picture: "She's sure heavy. See the muscles and veins standing out." I weighed nine pounds and I can't remember how many ounces at birth. Knowing me, I had probably already gained 3 or 4 pounds in eleven days!


I am eight months old in this shot. Dad is wearing his Cities Service uniform. He eventually bought the service station where he worked at the time this picture was taken. That is my grandparent's house. We lived with them until I was three. I don't know a thing about that little backpack seat I am in. It's a nifty carrier, isn't it?

Ahhhh.....one of many lovely dresses with a pinafore that my Granny W. made for me. Look at those starched ruffles! This is an Easter picture taken when I was two. What a princess!!



One of my favorite photos of all time. This family portrait was taken in the summer right before I turned three. My dad was 24 and my mom 22. We moved into our new house later that year. The dog is Togo. He belonged to my grandparents. I still love black and tan Dachshunds!!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

you look like a gerber baby.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

AWWW! I love old pictures like that!! and you were so cute!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Devon said...

I love these pictures!! How wonderful that you have them!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Susan in va said...

OH! You are so adorable! I just want to reach through the screen and pinch those cheeks!

As I was looking at the pictures I was thinking that your dad looked so young - then you told us he was 24 in one picture. So I'm guessing around 21 when you were born - right? He was a kid too!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Those are wonderful pictures! My favorite is the one of you in the backpack rig looking so squeezable!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Those pictures are great :) I love pictures like that.. so much history! I love the little carrier as well :) What a princess in your pinafore dress!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

Great photos. I wore those pinafores, too. Aren't they cute?

3:44 PM  
Blogger LeftCoastOnlooker said...

what precious treasures, to have the pictures and memories!
looks like the pic on your profile must have been taken the same day.

any more concerts this season?

4:32 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

You were precious.

That is so neat that your cousin was able to send those to you!!!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela beat me... you DO look like a Gerber baby. Too cute for words.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

So I guess when the temps were in the 90s, that would be a hot dog Togo. (sorry)

4:30 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Those are wonderful photos!!

I hope you have a great holiday...

1:33 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

How fun that you have the stories behind the pictures!

You were such a cutie! Still are from the pics you've posted. . .:)

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home