Friday, February 09, 2007

A Conversation After Third Grade Choir

Excited little third grade girl: Miss T., Miss T. !!

Songbird using her excited teacher voice: What?!! What?!!

Little third grade girl bursting with excitement: I have stashes behind my knees!!!

Songbird enunciating slowly and clearly: You have stashes....?!!

Excited little third grade girl: Yeah, behind my knees!!!

Okay, all you maternal experts.... what in the world could this little girl be talking about?!! Rashes? Behind her knees?? If she had been wearing shorts or a skirt, I would have asked to see the 'stashes', but she was in jeans. I had at least a dozen other important "news bulletins" to listen to before the choir left the room so I didn't have a chance to ask her what the 'stashes' looked like. Have any of your children ever had 'stashes' behind their knees?!!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

you better find out - cuz I'm busting to know.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Susan in va said...

Scratches?

Some kids have trouble saying the "k" sound. That's the only thing I could think of.

Strange.....

6:43 AM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Susan, I will bet you are right with 'scratches'. The little girl was just so excited I was trying to come up with something less ordinary than scratches! When I said the word back to her, she simply heard it the way she pronounces it. Still....isn't 'behind the knees' a strange place to get scratches?!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

I hope you find out soon. I can't imagine what she could have meant. Scratches might be right, but from the way you tell it, she sounded happy about it.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Um.. I want to know what it is as well..lol If it was scratches or rashes why would she be so excited? I think she would be rather annoyed by them ..lol

5:15 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

Scratches was the first to pop to mind, so I'll go with that. But you never know.

Let us know when you identify the staches!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey don't ask me, I'm childless too.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I have no idea. With kids I've found it's often useful, after several attempts to understand a mangled word, to just nod and, as songbird did, repeat the sentence they said back to them.

I'm curious too.

4:21 PM  
Blogger LeftCoastOnlooker said...

stitches?
ask her how she got them?

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home