Thursday, October 19, 2006


Alright, Tiggerlane, why would anyone just presume that I don't "often share your musical interests"? !!! Are you saying that our readers should presume that I am a more serious musician than you are? Are you telling our readers that I don't reach your musical standards because I don't listen to Panic At The Disco and the Gnarly Whatevers? Is this a round-a-bout way of making sure our readers remember that I am ten years older than you? ARE YOU ASKING OUR READERS TO PRESUME THAT I AM NOT COOL?!!!!

FYI, dear readers.....I am a classically trained pianist and a classically trained vocalist. I eat, sleep and breathe music because I teach music and because I absolutely adore music. And, yes, I take music very seriously. My dear friend, Tiggerlane , is the undisputed Queen of Pop Culture. I bow to her vast knowledge of all things current including pop music. But please don't presume that I am a narrow minded musical bigot!! As a matter of fact, as I type, I am listening to Frank Sinatra Reprise. Is that not cool?!!! Oh, he's crooning Fly Me To The Moon in my ears....."Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more. You are all I long for, all I worship and adore. In other words, please be true. In other words, I love you....."

Now I don't have any fancy little clips for you to listen to or watch or whatever....sorry! But here are some other selections from my current listening list: Dixie Chicks Wide Open Spaces; Mozart Requiem; Guns 'n' Roses Greatest Hits; soundtrack from Collateral; Vivaldi The Four Seasons; Eagles Hell Freezes Over; The Cranberries No Need To Argue; 3 Doors Down Away From The Sun. Come on now, Tigger, there are couple of things on my list that are under ten years old....sigh....

"And now the end is near and so I face the final curtain. My friend, I'll say it clear. I'll state my case of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full. I've traveled each and every highway. And, more, much more than this, I did it My Way....." Love ya, Tigger!!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha..... wonderful retort

11:28 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

YEAH! You tell it girl! I sense a rumble comin' on. hee hee!

I must say - your musical tastes are quite varied! That is a sign of a true music lover.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Tiggerlane said...

I knew that line in my post would get to you! LOL!!

Thank you for my new title. I wear my crown proudly.

Hmmm...would it be fair to say I'm more "open" to varied musical offerings? And that you are more..."discriminating?" Or that you have higher standards? That would help elevate you -- and not only could you retain your coolness, but you could then be free to snub my lowly tastes.

Love ya!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when I was a teenager, I made a vow to myself that I would always try to keep up with pop culture. And, now, the older I get, the more I see myself stuck in the pop culture era that I grew up in (*sigh*). You and I are alike, though, by the fact that we both have best friends that are hip. You and I share an eclectic taste in music!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

I just love a rumble...especially when it involves stories, pictures, and songs on someone's blog...much better than TV

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate when people ask me what my favorite music is...there is so much out there that is good, or even not necessarily great but fits the moment!

And have you listened to Linkin Park? I think you might appreciate them...

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great come back! I thought I had an open view on music, i'll listen to anything once. But you've got me beat by the classical thing. I get in the mood to listen to something like that, I'm going to be open! I'm going to be diverse! I'm going to ... be different! I go to Hastings in all my new ideas and persona and have no idea what I'm looking for. So I buy the Best Of Something and go home.

I play the piano by ear and cords only. I sing along with the radio really well. I have been known to sing at a wedding or a funeral. Tiggerlane and Songbird are the bombdiggity!

11:20 AM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Tigger, I think the fairest and most accurate thing to say is that we have some musical tastes in common while totally disagreeing on other musical interests. I am not "less open to varied musical offerings" nor do I consider myself to be more discriminating. My musical tastes are a bit more diversified and eclectic than yours because I come in contact with more musical styles as a music educator and I don't limit my listening/performing of music primarily to the pop genre. I have no desire to elevate myself or to snub you!! I just happen to enjoy the "pop" hits of yesteryear far more than what is out there today. And, I have no concerns about retaining my coolness. It is ingrained...tee hee!!!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Tiggerlane said...

Claudia --- I LOVE Linkin Park!! Really got into them about four years ago...and just last night, we were jamming here at the house (we have a variety of instruments) so "Numb."

Songbird - You know I have total respect for your musical knowledge! Now, I must go polish my crown...

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home