Saturday, October 21, 2006


Odds And Ends




The leaves are slowly turning. This shot reminds me of "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. There really aren't two roads diverging, but this woodland scene is definitely bathed in a golden yellow hue.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as far that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.



The golden hue of the day stretched to the river near my home. This shot was taken from the center of the bridge. The leaves will be even more beautiful in another week or so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember My Exceptionally Beautiful Student ? She was a senior maid on this years' Homecoming Court. You can see her here and here. MEBS is in the white gown with the hoop skirt. There is a large frame shot on the right in both links and thumbnail shots on the left. MEBS was chosen to perform at the National FFA Convention in Indiana next week. She will be singing a 30-minute program of country music hits.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent my first Saturday in three weeks at home. It was a beautiful day and I worked outside getting my yard and garden beds ready for winter. I baked a fresh apple cake tonight. The recipe included a caramel sauce to drizzle over individual slices of cake. It is yummy!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures. I've got some to post, too.

beautiful girl - just as you said.
she looks like Miss America material

yummy cake. Where's my piece ?

I made chicken tortilla soup today - and we had company. I still have some left. I'll send you a bowl of soup, you

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

send me the rest of the cake



I don't know why it didn't post the rest of my comment.

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you ejoyed your day at home! ! !
Feels like forever since I've been here! Sorry. . .
Awesome pics! We are looking at investing in a new camera. . .Birddog has got some expensive taste! He says we have to spend big bucks to get the shutter speed to get action photos. . .(you know Bud & Scoop). . LOL

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caramel sauce!! That stuff is like Kryptonite. It makes me weak.

Must have caramel sauce.

Marnie (still anon because Blogger STILL hates me)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Tiggerlane said...

She is absolutely gorgeous in these photos! And I think the photographer liked her, too - judging from the fact that there seem to be more pictures featuring her than anyone else.

She is truly stunning. Still wish my daughter would consider her little brother as a boyfriend. He's precious!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I think "The Road Less Traveled" is one of the first poems that I ever remember studying in school...and I still love it to this day. The photo was perfect for it.

And yes - Recipe Please - Apple cake with Caramel? HMMMMMM....heaven in a slice.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

The landscape looks beautiful! I really enjoyed reading the poem too, I read it a long time ago but it feels so fresh and poignant today.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home