Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Musical aficionados have long been enamoured with the purity of boy's unchanged voices. I recently discovered a vocal ensemble that takes my appreciation of the unchanged voice to a new level. 'Libera' is a group of young male performers who meet together at a church in South London to produce some of the most hauntingly beautiful vocal works I have ever heard. Their range and vocal flexibility is nothing but phenomenal. "With shimmering mystical chords and ecstatic harmonies, their voices provide a truly liberating and uplifting experience. At times chillingly plaintive, at others climactic and transcendent."

'Libera's' most recent recording, Angel Voices, is truly not to be missed. A variety of songs are offered all sung in a style that can only be described as ethereal. "They are boys, and they sing, but don't call them choirboys. 'Libera' prefer to be called a vocal group--a real boy band, if you like. And from the first soaring atmospheric moments of this CD you know that they are unlike any vocal group--or choirboys--you've ever heard."

You can view a complete listing of the songs from Angel Voices and hear sound clips at Libera:Angel Voices


On the 'lighter' side......


A perfect Valentine greeting for those of us who have run into trouble with matters of the heart ;)

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Leann said...

love the Vvalentine card.its so ture.being in love feels the same way when the other doesnt feel the same.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

love can be more painful than physical wounds... thats for sure.

I think I want to hear that chorus

2:16 AM  
Blogger The very nice man said...

Nice card, heehee! Have a happy valentine's day!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those boys have angelic faces too. I'll have to try and find a sampling to hear them.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny Cartoon.

3:51 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

Beautiful voices! Thanks for the link. Hope your Valentine's Day was sweet, Songbird.

8:49 PM  
Blogger LeftCoastOnlooker said...

Fantastic comic!
We've started listening to the clips - I should go get a cd - thx for the new music!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I have loved the music of choir boys for a long time. I will definitely check this group out.

It does seem kind of weird to be in a band that depends on your unchanged voice, I mean, once a band member's voice has changed, they can't sing this kind of music. Will the whole band just break up, or will they replace each member as they age?

10:27 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Wow I will have to check that out :)

I totally LOVED your.. "Why I love where I live" post.. so moving and you write so beautifully :)

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hear those boys sing! Thanks for bringing them to our attention.

Love the funny! So true, so true! I am sorry I haven't been around much, but I have made a goal to get back into my blogging groove.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With regards to Angelina's question. The boys do play an active role when their voices break, they just tend to go to the back and provide the bass (deeper) sounds to compliment the treble voice of the younger boys. However Libera constantly evolves, (it's been going under previous names since the late 80's) and fresh talent indeeds replaces the older boys when they do eventually leave the group.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the "Judi Gibbs" blog page. & tell liz to call me

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home